Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sweeps and Reaps...

My sister was recently here visiting from South America and got me hooked on the most wonderful thing...homemade smoothies! With the low prices of strawberries and grapes, marked down bananas, and free yogurts, we've been making some really yummy breakfast smoothies! Of course, I'm the only one in our family who likes them, but that's okay.

When I find fruit on sale I stock up! I fill huge ziploc bags with the cleaned, cut fruit and freeze it. I also freeze yogurt cups if I happen to find them on sale, 1/2 off, with coupons and e-coupons. OJ is usually easy to find close to free too, I don't think I've paid more than .50 for a thing of OJ in over a year!

Just mix some OJ, a yogurt, and a few pieces of fruit in the blender, and wha-la! I try to be good and add some carrots too, since you can't taste them in it. I'm not a huge carrot fan otherwise. :)

I've also been playing online sweepstakes late at night when my husband is on a trip and I can't sleep. Haha! I use this site to find them and just this week I've won two free SoBe's, a sample tube of Tom's toothpaste, and best of all a $100 gift card to Office Depot!

If you picked up the Safeway refrigerated coupon booklet, there was a coupon for .50 Land O'Lakes butter and it's on sale at Carr's with their coupon for 1.49, so .99 butter is good. Or take it to WalMart, they are $1.64 and you don't have to spend $10 to get that price. AND the coupon doesn't beep!

Off I go to entertain the kiddo and try to organize my binder for all those coupons that are expiring today that didn't have the opportunity to be used!

No comments: