Monday, November 5, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Day 1

So it has been pretty much forever and a day since I last posted.  That's about how great the deals have been around here.  LAME! 
I'm going to change up my blogging a little bit here and try doing a project with Crystal and MoneySavingMom.com and keep track of my progress of organizing my home through my blog.  My house seems to be very unorganized with a 4 and 1 year old and who knows, maybe it will also encourage me to keep blogging!
I have to apologize for the "before" pictures of some of the rooms in my house.  It's really bad.  It seems I can clean one and by the time I'm onto the next my daughter is tornado-ing through the one I just cleaned.  This sort of cycle has been happening since the first family I'm sure.  Eve had just made a nice bed of leaves to sleep in, turned around to make some fruit salad and lo and behold, Cain and Abel were jumping on the bed! ARGH!

1.) Get dressed in something that makes you feel great. 
Well, I pretty much skipped this one.  I never feel great in anything other than jammies, so I stayed in my jammies for a few hours.

2.) Sit down with a cup of coffee and make some goals for the week.
This I can do.  Thank you Keurig!  Here's my list-

3.) Set the timer for 15 min and clean the main areas of the house.
Well, I didn't set the timer since I was interrupted about 5 times while picking up the living room.  But I did get it cleaned up, two children fed, and showered and dressed in between all that!

                                          Before...
                                          After...
                                         
4.) Clean out your purse or diaper bag. Or in my case Coupon Bag!
Let's just say it's about 4pm and that hasn't happened yet and you don't want to see the mess that it is.

However, even though I only partially followed this list, I was able to sell quite a few items through Facebook and Craigslist today, make a run to the bank, and have two more things lined up to sell tonight!  We are moving in the spring (or sooner if our house sells) so I need to get things organized, packed, or sold!

Thanks for following along with my adventure...now to check in with my sister to see how she's doing!      



1 comment:

RogersUIO said...

Here we go! Is it back to the treadmill when we're done with this challenge? ;)