Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Easy Tortilla Soup


Need to clean out some of your canned goods? Here's a great recipe I found on AllRecipes.com.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2 cans chicken broth
  • 1 can chunk chicken
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, chunk chicken, black beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through.

Sometimes I don't even bother to drain the corn or tomatoes, it adds a little sweetness and heat!
And sometimes I also add a can of cream of chicken to make it a little creamier. This works good with leftover roaster chicken pieces and broth too! So many different ways to play with it! Have fun!

1 comment:

Life in My Land said...

Yummy! This sounds great. I'm hoping to have some time to cook soon. I'm looking for an easy black bean soup recipe too. I love Mexican style soups.