Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3 of Giving

Today I wrote a letter to someone I don't really know.

Let me tell you why!

After getting Coldplay's song about "missionaries in a foreign field" stuck in my head all day I took it as a sign of what to do for my giving project for today.

My sister and family are missionaries in South America and are part of the organization of Christian Missions in Many Lands (CMML). The organization publishes a directory of missionaries worldwide so I opened up my copy, found someone to send some mail to, and wrote away.
Hopefully my gift of gab will lift the spirits of these folks the day they receive my note and will let them know they are being thought of and prayed for by people they don't even know. I'm very thankful for missionaries who are out there giving their whole lives to the Lord's service and if I can help encourage them with a note it's the least I can do!


Oh, and I also gave to the economy by going to Costco today. Ouch!

1 comment:

RogersUIO said...

What a great idea! If the missionaries you wrote to love getting mail as much as we do, your note will make their day!