Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 31

Okay...Fred's is making my life quite difficult in being able to get freebies. Hah!

I had my husband's prescription transferred last week when they were offering the 25.00 gift card with a transferred prescription and it was supposedly e-loaded onto my Fred's card. Well we all know just how wonderfully that works! I finally had it work once this morning when we popped in for about $6 worth of grapes and I used the self check (which I hardly ever do because catalina's rarely print there and using coupons there is craziness too). So I was pretty excited to get free grapes and in my excitement, I lost the receipt. Argh! So now I can't prove it worked, or that I only spent 6.00 of the 25.00 that should be on there.

I went tonight again to pick up more things like the free BBQ sauce, cream cheese mini's, yogurt, and two little ice creams that I had free coupons for from Kraft Facebook promotions, writing to Dannon, and the Fred's coupon exchange. No pics since stuff is everywhere and the kids are patiently waiting for me so we can "sleep out" in the camper. Ha! Where is Dad/Uncle when you need him? China, that's where. :P

Anyway, Fred's system would not accept my card number tonight (a new card is supposedly in the mail) and so I couldn't use the rest of my 25.00 credit. Pain in the you-know. I think I email them more than any other company. It stinks too because I bought things I know I have e-coupons for.

Hopefully I'll get to do a big, huge, monstrous FREE shopping trip tomorrow to end this fun challenge!!!

Thanks for sticking with me and reading my little vent at Fred's.


P.S. Does anyone know where I can find BetterOats products here? The coupons I got yesterday are for up to 2.29 I think, but I couldn't find anything even made by them at Fred's. Thanks!

P.S.S. Nevermind! They have a locator and guess what? NO ALASKA! Of course...guess I'll send them to my Grandma in Iowa! :)

1 comment:

Erika, "The Make Do Homemaker" said...

Before you send the coupons to your grandma, always check Carrs and Wal-Mart first. Those stupid product locator doo-hickies NEVER work with Alaska zipcodes that I can find. Smithfield supposedly has no products up here, nor Land O' Frost and several other companies that I've run product locators on. Just wanted to give you a head's up there :).

If you do end up sending the coupons to your grandma, I have a freebie coupon for a free thing of Old Orchard Healthy Balance Juice (no expiration) and no one up here carries it anymore. I'd be more than happy to mail it to you to pass onto your grandma :).