Frito Lay has introduced a line of regional flavored potato chips that have my mouth watering-
- These chips were inspired by popular American regional cuisine and include:
- Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
- Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
- Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
- Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
- Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
· All of the Lay's Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and cooked in healthier oils, like corn and sunflower oils, which contain 80% or more of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat - the "good fats." They also contain 0 grams of trans fats per serving!
- There’s also less sodium in them than you might think – a 1-oz serving of our Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips contains less salt than a plain bagel!
Personally, I'd love to try the Cajun Herb & Spice and the Chipotle Ranch flavors. Cajun and chipotle aren't flavors I'm very familiar with and are from regions I've never visited (Deep South and Southwest US). The Creamy Garden Ranch chips sound great since I'm a "creamy" type of gal. I'll eat pretty much any creamy casserole or dip you set in front of me. My friend back home shared a basic recipe for creamy chicken with me and after tweaking and retweaking to make it a little more garlicky and a little more zingy, here is the result!
Creamy Chicken Casserole
3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts cut into portion-size pieces
1 Jar of Dried Beef Slices
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
Line the bottom of a crockpot with dried beef slices. Next lay the uncooked chicken breast pieces on top of the meat and sprinkle with garlic salt. Mix the soup and milk together and pour over chicken. Cook in crockpot on low for 5-6 hours until chicken is very tender and cooked through. Mix in sour cream just before serving.
Serve with white rice and be sure to spoon the sauce over the chicken.
So now that you have dinner figured out how about a snack for later on?!
Frito Lay has generously provided a sampling box of their new chip flavors to share with one of my readers! How fun is that?!
Visit Frito Lay's website to view the different flavors for yourself and leave me a comment stating which flavor you'd like to try and why. Don't forget to also leave your email if it isn't available in your profile so that I have a way to get your chips to you!
Comments will be available to be made until midnight on Tuesday, August 23, 2011.
This post serves as an entry to the Tastes from Home contest hosted by Frito Lay. I will be compensated with a surprise gift from Frito Lay for this post and thank them for this opportunity and giveaway!